Thursday, March 29, 2012

Emergency Outfit


On a recent trip to Auckland, I'd carefully worked out what to take for each event and duly packed. But upon arrival I was stunned to hear all my 'hanging-up' clothes had been left behind - OH NO!


I managed reasonably well for a couple of days as I'd worn a sun-dress to travel in and had a pair of jeans, coloured singlet and a merino cardigan in my bag. However I needed something warmer and smarter than either of them for one particular event.


So with a tiny budget and limited time I headed to the shops - see photo above - and bought an outfit for $40!


I was determined it would be a useful addition ie that I'd wear again, and not a double up of something I already owned.


Thankfully my dressy sandals 'made' the outfit. I felt a bit strange not wearing any colour - bright blue earrings not withstanding!


Have I worn it again? Yes! once with a smart little jacket and cobalt blue scarf, another time with a teal green top underneath. Yipee - a winner!


If you'd like some help choosing useful additions to your wardrobe, then please contact me 07 575 7415 or margaret@personal-style.co.nz

No comments: