Saturday, June 15, 2013

PS


Hello
The family wedding I mentioned in my last newsletter went well, and I squeezed in two shared Private Consultations (two friends on Friday, mother & daughter on Sunday). It made for a busy few days so I appreciated the time alone with my hubby as we drove down and back.

I bought the Dalston dress at Hula Fashions, and had it adjusted to fit (taken in at the back so it didn't fall off my narrow shoulders or gape at the bust).

Thank goodness I knew how to do some sneaky layering as Wellington was a bit chillier than we hoped. My extra layers included some shapewear, a slip, pantyhose (with open toes to wear with peep-toe shoes), and a turquoise pashmina. I swapped the pashmina for a lovely warm, bright blue cardigan at the reception.

The bride looked like a fairytale princess, her mum (my sister) looked fabulous and my grand-daughter Bella was a lovely flower girl (awww!). It was wonderful having most of the family there to celebrate together.

I'm looking forward to wearing my dress again next summer; let's hope we have another lovely hot one!

Meanwhile, enjoy the change of seasons and the opportunity to find some winter wardrobe treasures.

Margaret

No comments: