Sunday, April 5, 2009

Undercover

The right underwear can make the most amazing difference! Lumps and bumps are smoothed away, small breasted women develop cleavage, large breasts are supported, shaped (and minimised if you want).

Personally I've always wanted a bit more; let's face it I was embarrassed to be 30 years old and 30AA! Things improved as I got older - 34B at 40 and 34/36C at 50 - I was thrilled! Then I was gently advised that 'we soften around the sides as we get older'. Sadly I've 'softened' around the sides AND waist AND tummy ....Sigh!

Anyway, for the ladies who want to flatter a fuller bust here are some reminders: DO get fitted professionally, it's essential (and a good corsetiere will NOT embarrass you in anyway). V-necks are the most flattering necklines; high neck lines eg crew, jewel, turtle, polo can make you look larger. Avoid details at the bust line eg yokes, pockets and horizontal lines eg sleeve hems.

I recently heard a stylist advocating 'cleavage divas' should wear double-breasted jackets as it 'squashes' them. AAAGH! The last thing you want is to look broader and/or shapeless. Opt for a single-breasted tailored or semi-tailored jacket with a low stance (where the buttons & lapels meet - the bottom of the V-neckline) ie at mid-chest or cleavage level and with just a one-button fastening.

No comments: