Thursday, June 2, 2011

Men & Style

I'm sometimes asked whether I run workshops for men; the simple answer is 'No' (I've chosen to focus on women). Usually the query is from a woman wanting to help the man in her life. Well, the style basics for his personal style are very similar to her own.

Can you determine his under-tone? Do warm, yellow-based colours compliment him or cool, blue-based ones? Which is more flattering, white or ivory? Then decide if it's clear and bright hues or muted and smokey tones.

There are some difficulties; most Kiwi men - even if they looked good - won't wear colours that women will (Winter's bright pink?!) Also a brown suit doesn't have the same panache as a grey or navy one. So I'd just use it as a neutral and encourage him to wear a shirt with the right undertone for him.

(more in my next newsletter)

No comments: