Tuesday, September 18, 2012

PS

The joys of Spring! I think my favourite season is Summer (because it's so lovely and hot) yet Spring is my next choice; the temperature is warming up (finally!) and the new fashions are coming into stores.

Not everyone enjoys shopping but while I get frustrated when the budget won't stretch any further, I do love looking around the stores and getting a feel for the new styles and colours.

Although I'm not a fashionista - I think style is more important than fashion - there are some excellent fashion magazines I read to keep me up to date. Yes, most of the clothes and accessories they showcase are expensive, but I think of it as a way of educating myself - like looking at old masterpieces to appreciate art.

Here's another application for the 80/20 rule:  80% of your clothes are timeless essentials and 20% fashion.  Within that 20% are current colours, shapes and accessories - which you may already own.  For instance the cobalt blues, teals and turquoises that are so popular just now - I've been gathering items for years because they're my colours.  Ditto the bright pinks, blacks and whites, lace and florals - they're all part of my personal style.

So now's the time to go through your wardrobe, review your capsules and consider what's missing ... you probably only need to buy a couple of items to refresh and update your look.

Please feel free to contact me with your queries - phone 07 575 7415 or 021 234 8561, email margaret@personal-style.co.nz or FaceBook message me www.facebook.com/personalstylenz
M
wish there was more (pictures, tips etc)? then "Like" my FaceBook business page

No comments: