Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shopping

I don't shop on line - I prefer doing it in person; looking, feeling and trying on are just too important (and fun). Here are some of my favourite local shops and their web-sites:

Glassons you may not be their target market (I'm certainly not) but they have a great range of useful items, as do Temt and Shanton.

Max has a new Creative Director and they're relaunching their tailored styles with longevity and co-ordinating items in mind (sounds like I'll be buying from there more often).  Portmans have some great work pieces and Jackie E (nb these last two are Australian sites - prices are $A).

I always enjoy browsing at Repertoire; I like their 'classic yet current' style and their staff are very helpful.  Another one I make a point of going into is Kilt (I fell in love with one of their blouses ... sorry, can't link to show it here). And Wendy's - they have such wonderful displays, I always go home feeling inspired!

It doesn't pay to ignore any shop ... some favourite items have been found in K&K (despite their advertising they are plus-sized clothing) and Caroline Eve.

It's quite a mixture and definitely reflects where I live (downtown Mount and Bayfair are handy, Papamoa's Fashion Island and Tauranga are further away) and my tastes.  Of course, when I'm shopping with a client it all depends on what THEY want to achieve, plus their budget and personal style.

No comments: